Sep 7, 2011

Tracking your "traffic"


If at any point you would like to be taken off this blog-reader, please email me at koreamkids dot gmail dot com.

My hope in creating this "blog reader of blogs" would be a dynamic way for other Korean Adoptive families to connect, encourage, learn, support, sojourn, etc together.  The intention for this blog-reader is to be used by other Korean adoptive families and maybe those considering Korean adoption and those who simply want to learn more about Korean adoption.  

I have set the blogspot setting such that it is not searchable blog in that someone googling "blog reader" or even "korean adoption blogs" or something random like "turkey day" should not come to this blog reader and find your blog.

As I have not asked each blog that I subscribed to whether I could follow your blog on this reader, I am sorry if this blog-reader brings you unwanted traffic to your blog. If you feel uncomfortable that this blog-reader is bringing you too many readers, please let me know by email.

TRACKING YOUR TRAFFIC
Some families want to be "read" and some families really only want their friends and family to read about their family.  Some families care about who is reading their blogs and how many people are reading their blog.  Others don't.  There are several ways that you can check how many people are following, subscribing or reading your blog:
  • In blogspot, wordpress or whatever your blog-platform is, your dashboard will tell you the "STATS" of your blog.  You can see how and when people come to your blog.  You may also have "followers" from other readers with blogger profiles.
  • You can also add a free widget to your sidebar like feedjit to your blog so you can see where your readers are coming from.  When I read this blog, I notice that a visitor from Los Angeles, CA is visiting the blog (that's me!)
  • I've also noticed many bloggers are using Google Friend Connect.
  • If you use Google reader or another RSS feed reader application, then you may realize that you can read all the entries of a blog without ever actually visiting their page, which means "your visit" doesn't get counted into the STATS of the pageviews.  This is how I have "subscribed" to all the Korean-Adopion blogs, via RSS feed for this blog.  If you would like to see how many people have subscribed to your blog today, Google's Feedburner tool gives you that number (but it doesn't tell you who).  If you have 1 subscriber...that's me!
A little disclaimer: I'm just learning about this blogging stuff as I go, there are blogging experts out there that make a living out blogging.  I'm not one of them. I just thought I'd pass along stuff to y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment